Richard Tendler, Esq.
Richard Tendler has dedicated his career to the field of criminal defense. Mr. Tendler served as an Assistant Public Defender in Palm Beach County for nearly five years. As a Public Defender, Mr. Tendler represented clients in charges ranging from driving under the influence to murder. He has successfully defended individuals facing some of the most serious charges in our justice system. Richard Tendler has won acquittals for clients involving serious life felony charges for armed robbery, sexual activity with a child, kidnapping and sexual battery and many others.
Along with these cases, Mr. Tendler also represents individuals and corporations charged with complex economic white collar offenses. This includes both criminal and civil cases brought by the United States Government. Mr. Tendler has the knowledge and staff to handle the immense amount of discovery involved in these cases and they are therefore able to aggressively and successfully defend their clients. Richard Tendler was previously elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
In 2009, Mr. Tendler was appointed to serve on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for a three year term for the 15th Judicial Circuit in Boca Raton, Florida. From 2011-2012 he was the Chair of the Committee. This committee inquires into alleged ethical misconduct of a member of the Florida Bar. The Committee makes determinations in specific cases as to whether an attorney's alleged misconduct constitutes a violation of the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar and warrants that a complaint be filed against the attorney. In order to serve on this committee, an attorney must be nominated and such attorney must adhere to the highest ethical standards both prior to and during his/her service.
Mr. Tendler is also admitted to practice in Massachusetts. After graduating law school and prior to moving to Florida, Mr. Tendler worked at the Public Defender's Office in Massachusetts.
Born in Caracas, Venezuela, Mr. Tendler is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., Western New England University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., Ithaca College, 1989
Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors, 2004-2005
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Criminal Law Section
Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the 15th Judicial Circuit "D" 2009-2012
- Chair of the Committee from 2011-2012
- The Florida Bar
- The Massachusetts Bar